Monday, June 4, 2012

The Trials of Science!

Hey Science Friends,
I feel like I have been away for a while and I guess I have been. The real truth is that I have been trying out a lot of new Science stuff and getting down to the nitty gritty on some new activities. As you probably know there is a lot of trial and error before something gets posted. I am in the trial and error stage and can't seem to get out of it. I firmly believe that Science should be hands on and inquiry based even for the youngest Scientists. That being said, it is often difficult to find age appropriate investigations that really teach the Science concept. I am fortunate this week to be working on writing Science curriculum and fortunate to be able to be sitting with Science friends and discussing what Science really looks like with young children. Usually one great idea or thought can generate several more and I want to try them all. I look forward to sharing new ideas and investigations with you this summer.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for your new ideas because I want to do a LOT more science in my class next year!!! My kids ate it up this year and I know they would have loved to do a lot more if I had it available. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Pin It button on image hover