Friday, June 8, 2012

Playful Learning


Hey Science Friends,
I am excited to be a part of the book study for Playful Learning this summer but what I am most excited about is that my chapter is on Scientific Investigation which is true to my heart. I have spent this year working on projects within my district that have helped me grow professionally in many ways. Most of that work has really pushed me to define what I believe is appropriate for Kindergartners across all subject areas as well as curriculum. I think in this last year I have reflected and thought more about teaching young children and how to be the best educator I could possibly be. For just a small part of this summer I wanted to dive right in to thinking about teaching from a different perspective and this time the focus will not be data and assessments or curriculum or rubrics. Instead, the focus for this book study will be meaningful learning experiences. I hope you join me as we take a look at Science and young children from a different perspective.


2 comments:

  1. When does it start? I would love to try to take part in it! :) Sounds like a fantastic book study.

    Miss A's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post when it starts. I do not have the book yet but I can't wait to get it.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Pin It button on image hover