Monday, September 19, 2011

Bluebonnet


Here is our new class pet. I am happy to say Bluebonnet is doing fine. We are waiting for her new roommates to arrive. We are getting some sort of sucker fish to clean the small tank and a mystery snail. I was not able to take them home on the same day. I cannot wait to get these new additions and add this to my work in progress new Science Center in the classroom.
This is the aquarium I decided on because it was small and it had a filter and a light. It runs about $25 dollars. I really did not think I would be so excited about a Beta fish but I have to say I love it. This aquarium is large enough to add decorative rocks and something for the Beta to hide in, plus some small plants. It is also very easy to set up. I was pretty excited to learn that with this Beta I could have a snail and another fish. If you are interested in pets in the classroom, I encourage you to go into a PetSmart and  talk to an associate. I found this was very helpful to learn about all of my options. 






1 comment:

  1. I just awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award! So psyched about next week!

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Pin It button on image hover