Saturday, September 22, 2012

Texture Tool Freebies!


 
Hey Science Friends,
 
I have been searching high and low for something to help my children learn to describe the properties of objects with some emphasis on texture. I finally came up with something that serves as a tool, is easy to make and helps young children describe an object by texture. I created the printable above so that I could print, cut and laminate a copy to glue on both side of a fly swatter. As a class we will collect small items that we will glue to each finger and we will label it according to the texture. We will make several and all of these will have different textures on them. I am planning on making several of these so that my Science Teams have a texture tool to use at each table when investigating. I hope we can find enough items to make at least four texture tools. When we finish making them I will post them here. If you would like to make your own texture tool just click on the image above and grab your copy and get ready to start investigating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Pin It button on image hover