Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Beginnings!

It is hard to believe that Christmas is over and we now turn our focus to other things. As I was preparing and thinking about what is coming up next in Science, I thought about Sensory Tubs again. As part of our upcoming Science Unit, we have used our sand and water table for some icy exploration. I was curious if there were some other ideas out there that I could use. Naturally, I turned to Pinterest to get my creative juices flowing. 








I LOVE going to Counting Coconuts for Sensory Tub inspiration. 





Before I head back to school I am going to start gathering some materials in a bag for my sensory tubs.







Before you pack up all that Christmas stuff you might want to take a second look and see if you already have on hand some items that you could use.


More ice explorations will be posted as we explore Penguins and Their Young by Lawrence Hall of Science. If you are looking for something to help you teach Science to young children, I recommend this book and the other books in this series. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun!!! I love that you make Science so exciting for your kids!!!


    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Pin It button on image hover