Saturday, March 10, 2012

What's Growing?

I promised earlier this year that I would write a post when I found these products in the stores.

Earlier in the year I found these super fun mini greenhouses on clearance at Wal Mart. We used them  when we were learning about basic needs of living things. I really fell in love with all of the products from the Miracle Grow kids line. I really liked the little greenhouses because they fit on our classroom window sill and they were affordable and easy to use. I also liked the fact that I was able to get a greenhouse for each of my science teams. Once I worked with these products, I have to admit, I ran back to the store to get more so I could hide them away for spring.
In the fall we had fun making our own terrariums. We made several at that time. I was able to get one of these on clearance and save it for spring since we had made our homemade terrariums already. I am excited to use the kit and see which terrarium I like better.
My favorite find this season has been the root viewer. I have wanted a root viewer for years but never wanted to spend the money plus shipping on this one. As you can imagine, I was thrilled to see this in the product line for under ten dollars. Although I do prefer to garden outside, I have found that there our times and situations where that is not possible. In the fall our school garden was going through some renovations and these products made it possible to grow indoors.

 

1 comment:

  1. Our "trufflula trees" aka radishes have sprouted. The kids are so excited to see them grow. I wish I had a green thumb.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Pin It button on image hover