Saturday, October 1, 2011

Classroom Terrariums

As we begin our science unit on plants and animals, I was out looking for a small bag of soil so I would be ready to plant seeds. I was super excited to see this Miracle Grow kids terrarium on clearance as I was pricing out the materials needed to make our own terrarium. As I looked further down the shelf, I saw there were small individual terrariums on clearance too so I had to get them. The small terrariums will probably fit in our window sill and the larger one will fit on a shelf in the classroom. I figure since I have wanted to make a terrarium since I was about five, I might learn through this kit and we could move to building a big classroom terrarium together. 
Once I am ready to make the larger class size terrarium with the class, I am going to use this tutorial I found here



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Pin It button on image hover